Home Learning (Year 6)
Week beginning: 12th October 2020
Week beginning: 19th October 2020
It’s almost half term! I was so impressed with the work I saw last week. I know it’s been a busy term and we’re all feeling a bit tired as we approach half term but I know we all have can all find a bit more energy to work hard this week and end this term on a high. As always, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.Mrs. Shepherd
WALT calculate the area of triangles.
- Follow PPT, watch video and complete tasks on slide.
- Complete tasks (Lemon and Herb, Medium or Hot).
- If time, complete the challenge question (on last slide)
WALT: I can recognise AFOREST techniques in persuasive writing. I can understand the impact that these techniques have on the reader/viewer.
- Read Chapter 21.
- Learn about the AFOREST devices which we can use in persuasive writing.
- Look at the Camp Green Lake leaflet.
- Using the feature ‘spot’ sheet (on slides) identify examples of AFOREST found in the leaflet.
WAL about vows and service
Follow slides and complete task:
- Describe how you might live a poor and simple life, like Jesus; referring to the reading.
- Identify what things you would have to change in your life and what impact this would have on you and on others.
Good morning 6S,
It’s the final week before half term! I was so impressed with the work I saw last week. I know it’s been a busy term and we’re all feeling a bit tired as we approach half term but I know we all have a bit more energy left to work hard this week and end this term on a high. As always, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.Mrs. Shepherd
WALT calculate the volume of cubes and cuboids.
- Follow PPT and complete tasks (Lemon and Herb, Medium and Hot)
- Complete mastery checkpoint (on slides).
WALT: I can recognise and use s-conjunctions I can use a range of sentence types in my writing to make it engaging
- Recap subordinating conjunctions.
- Read Chapter 20.
- Rewrite passage on PPT with a range of compound and complex sentences (using both co-ordinating and subordinating conjunctions.
WAL about the call to religious life.
- Learn about the life of St. Francis and the Franciscan Monks (watch video).
WALT identify someone who is having an asthma attack, assess their condition and give them first aid if they are struggling to breath.Follow PPT and complete activities (do not worry if you do not have the resources of activity 1- you can move on and come back if you have a chance).
Year 6 PE day is: Thursday
The children will need to come to school in their PE kit (including trainers) – not their normal school uniform. They will wear their PE kit for the whole day. Details of the school P.E. kit can be found on the website https://www.st-josephs-upminster.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/School-Uniform-Regulations-2020-21.pdf
Please note:Children taking part in after school sports clubs must also wear full PE kit to school on the day the club is taking place.